How to Ride
Fixed Route Buses will stop only at locations designated by DMT bus stop signs (stops for the 10 Danville-Champaign are listed in the timetable). Please stand at the bus stop sign to wait for the bus.
- Familiarize yourself with the route, schedule, and bus stop locations.
- Arrive early at the bus stop so you don't miss your ride.
- Fare is required (see Fare Information); please have your fare ready to pay when you board.
- If you are paying free or reduced fare, have your I.D. ready to show the driver when you board.
- Signal the driver by waving your arm in the air as the bus approaches.
- Drivers are not able to help with loading/unloading of packages, carts, strollers. Strollers must be folded before boarding.
- Bicycles are not allowed inside the bus. Please use the bike rack.
- No hazardous materials may be brought on board, including automotive batteries, weapons, or flammable liquids.
- Pets are not allowed, however service animals accompanying a rider with a disability are allowed.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn on DMT vehicles.
- No eating, drinking or smoking is allowed. Please do not litter on the bus, at bus stops, or at the transfer zone.
- DMT reserves the right to suspend or refuse service to individuals who fail to comply with rules.
Sundays and Holidays
No service is provided on Sundays or the following holidays:
- New Year's day
- Martin Luther King Jr. day
- Memorial day
- Fourth of July
- Labor day
- Thanksgiving day
- Christmas day
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RIDE INFORMATION:
Call (217) 431-0653, 5:00AM to 9:45PM Monday to Friday, 6:30AM to 7:15PM Saturdays.
DMT Office: 101 N. Jackson, Danville, Open 6:00AM to 5:20PM Monday to Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30PM Saturday.
©2014 CITY OF DANVILLE, ILLINOIS
Mayor Scott Eisenhauer | Phone: (217) 431-2400 | firstname.lastname@example.org | E-Mail Login